30.1.15

Transfer 10, Week 4 "The cold never bothered me anyway......JK"

It is SO COLD here. Omg. I literally don't know how I'm going to survive this winter. Only through the grace of God...literally. This week was a good week. We were able to get a little bit back on track despite the new year. Btw...... HAPPY 2015!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! We celebrated with our branch at the church until we had to go home at 9....lame. We stayed up for a while but I finally went to bed and we set an alarm for midnight. Quist got up to watch fireworks but I was too lazy to get out of the top bunk so I just mumbled a "happy new year"and went back to sleep hahaha. Very different and wicked lame compared to last new year's, but oh well!

We met with lots of people this week. Met with Cornelia a ton. Unfortunately, she's moving her baptism date becuase she's terrified of the cold and thinks she'll freeze to death. We tried to reassure her that it will be fine inside, but I don't blame her. She's really old and people here have crazy superstitions about the cold and wind and stuff anyway. My spirits aren't too down though. She's so ready and she really wants to get baptized so we'll just wait until it warms up a bit :) We also met with a really sweet lady, Samfira, who's less active and she gave us awesome treats. We had dinner at an investigators house and I talked to her 24 year old daughter, Hilda for a long time and we were playing games on her tablet and stuff. Wicked fun but I was awful at them. It makes me realize how out of touch with the world I am...lol.

Met with a couple other members...OMGGG we visited the Kiss family and I had soooooooo much fun. They have 3 kids and one is a baby so obviously I held her a lot. And I often do at church as well...oops! She's just so irresistible!! And the other kids are soooooo cute. We had so much fun! We made chocolate chip cookies cuz they don't make those here and we took vidoes of ELiza and I singing all the frozen songs and dancing and stuff. Gahhh it was so nice. When we left, she would NOT stop kissing us and saying to me, "Ï'm Elsa and you're Ana. Tell you you'll miss me Ana." Hahahah I was dying. It was honeslty one of the happiest visits of my mission. We never get to see/be around kids. We have a ton in this branch though, so it's been really nice.

Well, that's about it. I'm trying not to die/freeze to death. I've already slipped a lot hahah but it's all good. It spices things up. Looking forward to a new week. I've already made TONS of New Year's Resolutions....we'll see how they go haha. This is a perfect time to make goals though!!! You all should too! Especially spiritual goals. Now is a perfect time to renew your faith in Christ. I know I have and we all could use a little renewal ;)

LOVE YOU ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Yours truly,


Sora Hovey

At the new years party......


Sora Quist was behind that salam that Elder Houk put in front of her face... hahahaha



 HAFFER-FLOCKEN!!!