20.7.14

Transfer 6, Week 2

Happy fourth!!!!! I missed you all here while celebrating in Romania.....it just wasn't the same! We did get to go to McDonald's and had some treats together on the Faleza. No fireworks though! I did have a pretty fun day thanks to the other missionaries here. We also saw an American guy at Mickey D's ( his accent gave him away.) We talked to him for a bit- super random but cool!!

The group at Mickey D's!


                          Oh yeah...America!!!!


                                Happy fourth!!!


                       happy birthday america!!!


               Elder Whittakers's "jumbo" cotton candy!!!!



                             I just wanted to smell the lotion!!!


Also saw Sarah and her cute family this week ( woman from Spain who lives in our block) and had a really long conversation with them. (I also love them a lot because her husbands name is Oskar and so of course I think he's awesome ;) ) They really are so sweet and it's SO nice to talk to people here in English. I can actually be my full self! Sometimes the language really does hold you back from being able to have your full personality, which stinks :( But anyway, she had just gotten back from a trip to see family in England and brought us back this AMAZING cheese!!!! Again, random, but sooooo good!

We had a few lessons this week, which is a LOT better than our usual 1...or 0. Hahahh! On a really good note, Marcela (older) has decided she wants to be baptized! We'll keep working with her, teaching her, helping her, and hopefully she'll enter the waters of baptism by the end of this month!! It's really been amazing to see the happiness that has come into her life since she started to coming to church and meeting with us. Her face just seems to be lit up all the time now and I am SO happy for her.

Cool experience this week when we were standing at a stop light waiting to cross the street and a woman standing next to us looked over and stared at my badge, trying to read it. All I said was, "Buna ziua!" And we ended up walking together for about 15 minutes having a conversation about what we believe. Ended up giving her a pliant and we'll be calling her this week to see what she thought!!! She said she was really interested in learning about us since all she had heard was something about Mormons and "extra terrestrials." Umm...no. Hahah. All for just saying hi!

Liviu, my little admirer at church, seems to think we're getting married. He sat next to me throughout church and kept holding my hand and kissing my cheeks hahah. He drew me a picture of us together and I asked what was in his hand and he said a ring!! What!!!! Hahahah That little 7 year old's got a mind of his own....

Some crazy guy came up to us when we were passing out English cards and demanded one from us. He literally sounded like he was speaking gibberish and I think it's because he was speaking the gypsy language. I kept saying that I didn't understand him and so he kept saying over and over, "Sunt gypsy! Sunt gypsy!" We were trying so hard not to laugh....they don't call themselves gypsy, there's another name for it so it was just funny that he was mixing up English and Romanian, trying to tell us that the was a gypsy....if we couldn't tell already.

Anyway, that seems to be it this week. Very fulfilling and busy and fun! We're still getting used to and getting to know our new Mission President! Changes are being made so we'll see what the next few months will be like! Probably a little different, but I love change so I'm excited! I love you all and am so grateful for everything you've done for me. I don't know where I'd be without the support and love of so many back home. You're the best. I know God is always there for you and for me. I couldn't do any of this without him either. Love you all!!! Have a great week!


Yours truly,

Sora Hovey