3.3.14

Transfer 3, week 2

Salut!!

This went by SO fast. Everybody told me that once you get in your 3rd transfer that the time just blows by and it really does. I can't believe I'm already starting my third week here in Buc! 

Last Monday for pday, we spent some of the day in the bomb shelter at the church celebrating Sora Adams birthday. We got permission from President to watch "The Singles Ward" (a funny Mormon movie) and order pizza! It was so much fun! I love being in an area with SO many missionaries. I feel so much more social than I did in our 6 person city for my last 2 transfers. 

Another cool thing about being in Buc is that we host sisters all the time that have to come down here. We had some sisters come down for our Zone Training meeting and we got to make them pancakes in the morning and help them around Buc! We have a huge apartment which is wicked sweet but for some reason, the hot water in our shower doesn't work. I have taken a freezing cold shower every day this week and ths morning, it was so cold I was screaming every time I had to submerge myself hahah. It's great though. I am so grateful to have a shower and soap and a bed and a knowledge of the gospel. Even though I have to take freezing cold showers, I'm grateful that I actually have a shower, unlike many people in the world. 

One day, we had a ton of hours to kill so we did some "metro stop contacting." Hey, we have to get creative here. Basically, we hopped on the metro (the subway) and got off at every stop. We tried to contact for our English classes at every stop and it was good because we were pretty much able to find out where NOT to go anymore haha. We kind of got lost in gypsyville at one point, which was a little scary, but we know that God was watching over us AND  because of the experience, I am now fully equipped with pepper spray. 
Pepper spray heheh
 Yeah!! At another stop, we were greeted by a big group of "șmecheri" basically meaning "wise guys" hahah. One of them said to me, "Bună chinizoică. Ni Hao!!!" Oh my gosh, I was dying inside. I managed to keep a poker face until we passed them and then Sora and I burst out laughing. I was like, did that really just happen? I really have no idea why everyone thinks I'm Chinese here. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I still just really don't get it. 

We also put up posters for a few days for our English class and one day we went with Elder Ealy and his companion. As we were putting up the posters, Elder Ealy accidentally sliced my finger open with scissors when I was holding the tape. It was pretty deep and blood started gushing out every where. We had just started, so I wasn't about to go home hahah. Sora Fletcher pulled a tissue out of here bag and I used some of the packaging tape to make myself a makeshift bandage. I did a pretty good job so we were able to carry on!!! Woo!!!
The bandage.
 I almost burned our apartment block down this week when I was trying to straighten my bangs. Apparently the converter I have isn't the best, and I started to smell burning. I run into the bathroom and there is smoke everywhere, and the most horrid smell you can imagine. I unplugged it and ran it out to the balcony to try and stop it from exploding or something. The smell did not go away for like 2 hours. It was so awful. We had every window open AND the fans going, so we were shivering to death as we were trying to do our morning studies. My life is kind of an adventure everyday. Sometimes I wake up and I'm just like, what is it gonna be today? Hahah. 

On Sunday we thought it was Fast Sunday, but it was Branch Conference. Oops. I guess I'm fasting two Sundays in a row? The more the better! I need all the help I can get!! It was also a holiday, "Mărţişor" or "Women's Day." I received so many gifts it was crazy! They really take it seriously here and every one gets little trinkets and bracelets with good luck charms on them for all the women. It was so sweet and I felt so loved.

Anyway, about Roxana!!!! She has a baptism date set for March 15th!!  We have been able to have the most amazing lessons with her this week. We taught her the Restoration lesson on Wednesday and the Spirit was so strong. Her dad sat in on the lesson as well and they both testified of Christ and of Joseph Smith and of the Restored gospel. I never thought I'd be able to have an experience like this on my mission so I feel very special and privileged to be able to work with such an amazing and sweet girl. It's amazing to me that even though I can't speak her language very well at all, I can still show her how much I love her and how much God loves her. It was actually her birthday on Sunday so we made her cookies and taught her another lesson, The Plan of Salvation. Again, it was so amazing. We made her blank cut outs of the Plan of Salvation so she colored them in and wrote on them while we taught her.
Roxana!!! We love her!!!
I sat with her during Sacrament meeting and all of a sudden, during the opening hymn, I was overwhelmed with the spirit and I started to cry! For some reason, I felt just a glimpse of how much God loves all of his children. Sitting there with my arm around Roxana and seeing the smile on the chorister's face as I watched her lead the music, I felt overwhelming love for them and for every person sitting in the chapel. It was such a cool experience for me. It reaffirmed my testimony of Christ as our Savior and of Heavenly Father, who loves us unconditionally.
The chapel!
 Random Pics:
This is Romania! Random holes in the streets lol
I don't know, I just thought it was funny, "Lord of the Dance." hahaha
Interesting restaurant in a tree trunk.
Creepy playground. Normal.
Contacting in the park with our ghetto chalk graffiti. 
  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Thank you for your prayers and for keeping up with me. I'm hoping at least somebody benefits from my little online journal haha. Have an amazing week and know that God loves you no matter what. I know that this is true!!!!! Love you!!!!

Cu drag,
Sora Hovey