17.3.14

Transfer 3, Week 4

Bună ziua toate lumea!!!!


ROXANA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY AND CONFIRMED A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! My joy is full. I think I was the happiest I have ever been in my whole life. She was beaming the whole day. She bore her testimony at the end of the program and she was crying. We all were!! Sora Fletcher and I and 2 other sisters sang a rendition of "How Great Thou Art" or "Mareţi Tu Eşti" in Romanian, and it just invited the Spirit so strongly. We had many people from our English classes attend and President and Sora Hill were there, missionaries, members....basically, it was a full house!!! So amazing. And Roxana's mom came!!!! It was a miracle. Her mom hates the church and she came. She was a little distant at first, but by the end of it she was talking and laughing with everyone and getting in pictures. It was such a blessed day. All the craziness and stress that went into planning it and making it as perfect as we could definitely paid off the end. Heavenly Father is smiling down on her and we are so grateful that we got to be a part of it!! 
Soras with Roxana

Roxana's family

Ready for baptism with her dad

Pure Joy
Roxana's family and us!
making cookies for the baptism
To finish off a great day, our district got permission to go to a football (soccer) game Saturday night. We were rooting for Steaua, and they won!!!! They get pretty rowdy after the games and at one point, I didn't know if we were gonna make it home alive. Thankfully some native Romanian friends took us home and protected us haha. The tramvai we were riding was VERY rowdy and we were stopped for 20 minutes because some guy hit the emergency brake somewhere. They finally found where it was and we continued on despite the screaming and banging and pushing and shoving as we went. We got off and walked for a bit, finally rolling in at 11:45 pm......yeah. Then church in the morning!!! It was totally worth it though. Totally worth it!!!





Our English classes are going well and we love our students. We have a lesson set up for this week with these 3 girls from Syria who are SO legit. They came to the baptism and were really interested in learning more about what we believe. WOOT!!!!! I love them. Plus, they only speak English and Arabic which is SWEET. English rocks.  

Yesterday we did some contacting in parks because it was so beautiful out! I was able to have a very touching and humbling experience while doing it. As we started walking around, I was feeling really nervous to talk to people all of a sudden. I thought about how I might sound stupid since I don't speak very well, how I might not be able to understand them if they responded, how they probably weren't interested anyway, and several other "negative" thoughts. We walked by an older woman sitting on a bench and as we got closer, I felt the urge to talk to her. But I didn't. All I could think as we walked away was "Go back." But again, I didn't. I was too scared. As the hour went by, it's all I could think about. I was haunted by the thought that I would be held accountable for ignoring the prompting to talk to that woman and I was pleading for a second chance. It was soon time to leave. Just as we are heading out, I saw her again. Same woman, an hour later, in a different spot. I almost walked out but again I got the feeling, "Go back." So I got up the courage and I did. She wasn't interested. But it didn't matter. She might be later and for some reason I had to talk to her yesterday. Heavenly Father gave me a second chance, and I am so grateful for His love and mercy. 

Random Pics:  

Our Map Project

P-day games-so fun!
Plus, the sun is OUT!!!!!!!!! It's alive!!! I was dying. We got to ditch our coats and boots so I am pretty much in Heaven. 
No coats!

I feel like Jane in Pride and Prejudice, "Can you die of happiness?" I think I could. Have an amazing week everyone. I love you!!

Yours truly,
Sora Hovey