17.11.13

Week 4 at MTC

DEAR AWESOME FAMILY!!!!!!!

I love you guys so much. I can't believe that I've been here for a month already. Absolute craziness!!!!!! I'm sending out a letter today so if you don't see something here that you asked, it might be in the letter. Anyway!!! This week flew by! As every week has. It feels like yesterday that I was just arriving here. Even more unbelievable is that I'm leaving here in 2 weeks! I don't have my travel plans yet, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know what time I'll be calling home form the airport before I leave for ROMANIA!!!!!!

I'm so ready but so not ready. It's the craziest, scariest, awesomest feeling in the world!!! Very soon I'll be halfway across the world. Bracing the cold winters with the Siberian winds coming through- yes that's legit. I'm trying to think of what happened this week, but it wasn't very exciting. I just cried a lot I think. Yeah. It was hard but so rewarding! The language continues to get better and I feel like I can understand more and more every day. The hard part now is realizing that I'm using improper grammar but I don't know how to form the words I'm trying to use. Wicked frustrating.

One of the 12 Apostles, L Tom Perrry came and spoke to us last night!!! It wa so cool!!!! He's so funny and such a great speaker. He spoke to us about the importance and purpose of companions and talked a lot about Alma and Amulek. All I could think about while he was talking was "Hi, I'm Alma, and this is......SLAM." Hahahah. Oops.

Okay so the sisters in my district and I have been getting a little competitive in racing to wherever we need to be. It got a little out of hand when we were going back to our classroom one night and we had no idea that 2 of our Elders were already in the room. We ended up falling through the doorway toppled on top of each other after much struggle and they described it as a zombie apocalypse (see picture). Apparently we got a little vicious in trying to be the first companionship in the room...a few people came out with bite marks and ripped hair...not mentioning any names. I have to say, it wa pretty fun hahaha. Also, on Sunday, I screamed bloody murder when I went to open a door and one of our Elders tried to scare me by putting his face in mine and yelling "BOO." Our doors have peepholes and he saw me coming out and said to the other Elders, "Watch this." I literally screamed at the top of my lungs and he scared me so bad I couldn't stop crying for at least 5 minutes. It reminded me of the time that Vaughan was in his room in the dark and scared the living daylights out of me and I almost fell down the stairs running away and couldn't stop crying for a awhile. Yeah. I get scared easily. Anyway, I think that's about it for the excitement this week.

Zombie Apocalypse

I'm about to head to a meeting to be part of the orientation for the newbies tonight! Only a few companionships in the whole MTC were asked to do this so it'll be pretty cool! Basically we're going to be giving a mock lesson to someone in front of a huge group...in English!!!!!! Thank you SOOOO much!!! This is gonna be nothing since I've been doing it in Romanian for the past 4 weeks. Man. This is awesome. I love you all!!! I love this gospel!! I know that Jesus Christ died and suffered for every person who ever has lived and ever will live! I'm so grateful for a Heavenly father who knows and hears my prayers. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!! :)

Oh, also, I put your letter in the wrong mailbox this morning, so it might take like a week to get to you sorry :/ In that letter I thanked you for the package!!!!! I loved it!!! My zone sisters and I all enjoyed it and had a party that night will all of our spoils. You're so awesome and it totally caught me by surprise :)





Also, tell President and Sister Smith thank you for the package!! They sent me cinnamon rolls which were also all enjoyed by the Sisters (and some Elders.) They were wicked good :) Love you all!! Pa! Pa!

Yours Truly,
Sora Hovey


More Pictures


No I'm not faking. I really didn't make it up to my bed one night. They woke me up after taking this picture


Elder Bonner wearing MY coat!

My Zone at the Temple on Sunday


My desk area

Oh, You're taking a picture!

Our grammar wall